Librarian Ire

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Communication is key

Yeah, we all know this. It's one of those buzz phrases. What you say, how you say it and to whom.
Apparently it hasn't filtered down to those lower on the totem pole of life yet. (and that's not exactly what I wanted to say)

Like Miss Attitude. She hasn't figured it out yet.

A week ago the phone rang at the desk and since I thought she was at the desk I didn't pick up. Until the fourth ring. Apparently she had better things to do than man the desk. But she doesn't bother to warn anyone that they are on their own. This was the last straw.

The best illustration of this annoying little habit happened a few weeks ago. I had just gotten a chance to finally take a coffee break. So I told her that's what I was doing. I actually used her name and said the following words. "I'm going on my break, I'll be back," and then she wanders away from the desk before the echo faded.

We are headed for a showdown. And the attitude will not be on her side.

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home