Librarian Ire

Friday, January 05, 2007

Anger and Rage in ILL v.3

And here's the finale.
After sending the very polite e-mail about how to use the catalog to the Dud(e) I get another request for something that we own.
This time I cancel the request, send my regular "We don't do this" e-mail. And page it from where it lives. It was not in our stacks.
So a few days later the Dud(e) comes in and says, I got this e-mail saying I have books. And surprise, surprise he just stands there.

Umm, okay. Want to give me a hint here buddy? So I ask him who he might be. And he tells me.
Oh goodie. So I ask if he got the e-mail I sent to him about learning the catalog. He's not sure. He seemed to be a little afraid that I knew who he was. Who did he think was sending him e-mail?
So I explain to him that he's been using ILL to request our own books, which we don't do.
At this point the MSB makes an appearance and shoves me aside. Fine with me. I could tell he was going to be a long term learning project.
And when the training session was over the MSB comes back into the office and tells me the student was very intelligent, just confused about how we operate. She could just sense it.(this is the same person who hired back Dr. Nathan and Stripey)
I almost asked the MSB what drugs she had been doing.
Later on a few of my students told me that while they recognized him, they didn't know him. He only goes to class. Doesn't participate in campus life at all.
So he probably won't be a regular featured player here on LI.
Which is a loss.

2 comment(s):

Yes indeed, you and I are in the same sorry sinking boat of dumbasses. I'm going to link to your blog. Civilians have NO idea!

By Blogger Woeful, at 6:53 PM  

Thanks woeful. It helps to know someone else understands the problem

By Blogger Nike, at 9:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home