Librarian Ire

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Throwing stones at the greenhouse?

A student complained to me recently how nice it was to have me back at work, because then no one takes 2 hour breaks. Talk about a back handed compliment! Yes, I do rule with an iron fist. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But I have a very well-trained and organized staff with 2 exceptions.
Stripey is the only one who we have to watch about breaks and paging. She usually disappears for hours in the stacks.
For example we have 15 book requests. Any other staff member can do them in 30 minutes. (Okay 45 if all the carrels and book carts are checked )Those same call slips can take her an hour (if I'm lucky) and an hour and a half if I have a good snack in the break room.
Reliable and anonymous sources throughout the library have reported back to me with comments like, "I asked that student to find something and she didn't know where it was." Another student remarks she heads to the nearest internet connected computer and surfs the net and sends and answers all her e-mail.
Hmmm. I am waiting for reports that she is sleeping in the library. Then my boss will be forced to fire her ass and I can do the Hooray you're fired and don't let to door hit you as you leave dance.
One can only hope.

2 comment(s):

Hey stupid blog spammers - do you realize you look more the fool when you send these stupid things to people who already have college degrees from REAL places?

Idiot!

Now, I'm going to delete you.

By Blogger Loki, at 7:47 AM  

Thanks Char!

I'm going to change my settings right now!

Although I did get some mild amusement from the spammers. My favorite was one in spanish that went on and on about "El Diablo".

By Blogger Loki, at 10:26 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home