Librarian Ire

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Funny, Ridiculous, or Inept?

Found on one of those sites that searches blogs for particular words - under librarians there were a bunch of posts from people complaining b/c they had overdue items, fines, librarians wouldn't let them be loud, etc.

Umm... HELLO? Every single day I am amazed at the people who come into libraries and expect us to give them what ever they want. How do they not realize A)Everything in the world is not free, B)the Library serves the whole community not a single person, C) This is not Walmart, D)We are not servants, and E) They're idiots?

Amazed. Truly. Truly. Amazed.

4 comment(s):

Total agreement there. You can't even find humor in them. I've been fortunate that the director's I've had have all been good, its the direct supervisor - or middle management - that kills me.

By Blogger Loki, at 9:53 AM  

I had one student get VERY irrate because "y'all should like totally let people know you need like a library card like for books to like rent and like stuff. how am I suppose to know that. gawd."

By Blogger Amanda Roper, at 8:19 AM  

Could you keep a straight face with that? I would definitly laugh and then lay on the heavy sarcasm.

By Blogger Loki, at 11:18 AM  

I had an elementary teacher (a TEACHER!) show up with a bus-full of kids and want to check out books. Not so unusual, right? But they didn't have library cards AND she forgot the aps I'd mailed her at the school AND didn't have her library card AND didn't even have her ID. Was I just supposed to hand the books out? But how can they check out books? she wanted to know. They can't - sorry. That's why we came she said. Better luck next time was what I wanted to reply. She earned a "D" for that one - as in "Dumb as Dirt."

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home