Librarian Ire

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cell Phone Usage

On one of the circulation listservs there is currently a discussion about cell phone useage policy in libraries. Of one policy I'd hope there'd be no need for discussion - talking on the cell phone in the bathroom.

Why are they doing this? Do they enjoy the background sounds? The lovely acoustics a small tiled room provides? Is it an ambiance thing? All I know is that if anyone calls me on a cell phone from a bathroom they better be in the throes of death or there's gonna be a fight.

2 comment(s):

I've seen people coming out of bathrooms with their cell phone. They must think since it's not in the public areas of the library it's okay.
But they forget about acoustics.

By Blogger Nike, at 8:57 PM  

The problem I'm having is how could they think it was ok? I mean, ok to talk in a small room away from people? I suppose. In the bathroom? Where people go to tend to their bodily functions? Ew. Think of the germs!

By Blogger Loki, at 11:16 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home