Librarian Ire

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sure I know what I'm doing.

I overheard this lovely interaction from my office.

Patron to desk student: "I need to renew a reserve book."
Student worker: "Ok, do you have the book?"
Patron: "No, its been recalled."
Student worker, WAY confused b/c you can't recall reserves: "The reserve book is recalled? Is it a 2-hour reserve?"
Patron: "I don't know how long it is, I need to renew it."
Student worker: "Okaaay. Have you renewed it already?"
Patron, getting pissed: "No! I haven't read it yet!"
Student worker just stares at them for few beats: "Do you mean you have a book on the hold shelf?"
Patron: "Ok."

Needless to say, I spewed coke over half my desk.

1 comment(s):

There are some people who shouldn't be allowed out of the house never mind into GRADUATE SCHOOL!!!!!!

By Blogger Nike, at 7:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home