Librarian Ire

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

People who don't know how to leave

We had two of those today. At least that I observed.
You would think that it isn't that hard. You get your stuff and walk out the door.

Nope. Too hard for our patrons. (Just so you know this is different than people coming in at the last minute to check their e-mail or retrieve their computers, books or other personal items)

The first one was someone who stormed out without letting us check his bag. (We've had a stolen book problem) Gave us nasty looks and then to compound it he stood in the doorway talking to a friend while we checked other bags. My feeling is what are you hiding? JERK!

And the second is the boss. I haven't had many complaints about my boss lately. But today you couldn't get her out of the office with dynamite. She was here a whole extra hour after her regular time. Which really cut into my world domination plans.
I don't know why she couldn't have done the resume updating and phone call at home.
That's what she makes me do.
So I had to look busy. Someone made the comment that I am rabidly efficient at ILL, which is great overall, but not so much when you don't have a lot to do and the boss is itching to assign a new project to someone.
Sigh. I guess the take-over of the world will have to wait another week.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home