Librarian Ire

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Still kicking! ...back.

It would appear that L.I. has been asleep at the wheel lately. Apologies. I believe I'm still traumatized by the boredom I experienced at ACRL. I look forward to ALA and the plethora of free books I'll be able to snag. All I got from ACRL was a pen that lights up and a stress reliever in the form of a globe. Apparently I didn't win any of the "baskets" various exhibitors were giving away, although I think they are a scam. I've never seen nor heard of someone actually winning one of those. I think they use them to lure you in to see their stupid product demo.

Student workers have gone haywire - they're subbing shifts and over sleeping and phoning up with the ever popular "I'm sick". Apparently, to hear them tell, the plague has resurfaced.

I've given up answering the phone. If its not the students, it's weirdo people from the greater community who have bizzaro questions of which they don't actually get to until they give you a very lengthy and detailed account of the entire thought process.

2 comment(s):

I once won a copy of an enormous encyclopedia at our provincial library conference and had to stagger home with it. And last year at the Canadian Lib Assoc conference I won 3 books from a publisher's contest that I'd forgotten about until they e-mailed me about it. I'm hoping that one of the draws I entered at the conference last week will bear fruit, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Tiny Librarian

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 AM  

Just out of curiousity how's that globe stress reliever working for ya?

By Blogger Nike, at 10:55 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home