Librarian Ire

Monday, April 11, 2005

Back from Beyond!

Well, I am back from my conference and conference related absence. You'd think a couple of all-expense days off would be relaxing... Apparently not for librarians. Of course, before I even got to leave I was 'surprised' by an extreme amount of job related hassle Monday and Tuesday: new meetings, new duties, more work, more headaches, snapping of the sanity string. On Wednesday, well on that day I was allowed to do all the work I needed to complete on M-T, and for Th-F also. Really swell.

I'll probably have much to say about the actual conference stuff, here is the interesting and freakish that I won't soon forget:

Potty meetings. Taking a restroom break, I was fortunate enough to grab the stall next to a woman who was setting up meetings for the following week. All the while toilets were flushing, loudly, in the background. Lovely. Who doesn't want to speak to someone while they're in the can?

Bobble-Head Jane Austen. As if the woman hasn't been insulted enough by consumerism.

Guy with Fleas. Got to sit a couple rows behind a guy who clearly had fleas. He spent the whole panel session (1 hour) vigorously (!!) scratching his head with BOTH hands!

Many rousing games of "spot the librarian". Good times - we pointed out the librarians from 15 stories up, from coffee shop windows, in departments stores. Librarians are freakishly identifiable. Meanwhile I'll be going shopping this weekend for trendy clothes, uncomfortable shoes, and participating in every physical activity I can! yikes.

3 comment(s):

Oh the humanity!

By Blogger Nike, at 4:15 PM  

I don't think it was fleas, it must have been head lice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

Well, hopefully 2 rows back was a safe enough distance to avoid any contamination!

By Blogger Loki, at 10:00 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home