Librarian Ire

Monday, April 04, 2005

Laziness, that's all.

All you grad students this is your LAST warning. I am a librarian on the edge!

YOU actually have to look for the book before you ask me to do it for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am SERIOUS about this. The next person studying for a Ph.D that comes in and asks me to find a book for them is getting something chopped off.
I have a serrated knife and I DO know how to use it! Thanks to several years of retail and waitressing experience.

Okay, deep breaths. Aah. Better.

As you can guess some brilliant Ph.D student asked for a book. I looked it up and it was checked in recently. (Last week.) So, they probably wandered by the stacks where it usually is and didn't see it. I bet they didn't even look it up to see if had been checked out. IDIOT!
So I tell them our standard spiel. Check all the shelving carts and look in the shelving room. Oh no, that's not good enough for this guy. "Can you look for it for me?" Not until you have looked on the carts and in the shelving room. "So I have to do it myself?" Umm, isn't that why you are here? LAZY IDIOT! And you have a stupid hair-do. So there.

5 comment(s):

Perhaps the quantity of stupid hairdos is directly proportionate to the amount of extraneous body parts? You could be doing a great service to the world.

A serrated knife though? You'd have to like, saw at thing. Why not just get a machete?

By Blogger Loki, at 10:21 AM  

Perhaps the quantity of stupid hairdos is directly proportionate to the amount of extraneous body parts? You could be doing a great service to the world.

A serrated knife though? You'd have to like, saw at thing. Why not just get a machete?

By Blogger Loki, at 10:21 AM  

Damn stupid crashing blogger...

By Blogger Loki, at 10:22 AM  

Serrated knives leave scars. Unless you have a really good plastic surgeon....
And they are more painful to the victim.

By Blogger Nike, at 4:27 PM  

The ultimate insult! Poor guy - you think he would get a little sympathy for letting someone chop his hair so stupidly. Because you know that he wouldn't do it himself, right?! No, that would be too much work.
Ick. Best of luck for dealing with people like this.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home