Librarian Ire

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

ooh, ooh, idiot alert

Haven't had one of those in a few days. Which is good, because too many idiots make me insane with rage. Insanity is a nice place to live, but I'm not that fond of drugs and group therapy to want to live there.

But just now we had one. Not a full fledged idiot. Probably because he wasn't here long enough. Call me cynical.
He wanted to pick up a book that his wife requested from another library. Basically we don't do that. No matter what the excuse, who you are, or what the book is.

I explained the policy. AGAIN. What is it with these people? Don't they listen? I swear when they come into the school there should be a mandatory library policy class. And a tour. I can't tell you how many people come into the library and have no clue at all. But I digress.

His excuse? His wife is pregnant with a small child. Direct quote. One would hope that the child isn't huge if she's pregnant. I mean you don't want Paul Bunyan when giving birth. But I know what he meant. He should have phrased it better.
Then of course he got all huffy, when he realized I wasn't letting him slide. The rules are there for a reason.
And you are not the exception!
Hey, if your wife isn't able to get here herself then maybe she shouldn't be requesting books that she isn't able to check out. DUH. It's not like this is a new thing. If you were driving with someone else's license and they pulled you over would the cops accept an excuse like that? I don't think so! They'd throw your butt in jail.
You see insane with rage.
Excuse me, I have drugs to take.

2 comment(s):

Totally. I have to tell this to patrons all the time. "My mother's in a wheelchair!" Well, then, request the books on your own card. It's not like she's going to lose them if she never goes anywhere.

By Blogger daisy, at 11:12 PM  

ha ha... that's great!

By Blogger Loki, at 7:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home