Librarian Ire

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

More stupid freshman

Here's a little gem.
One of our new students has been deep into research. So he pages books from us to be held on our circ desk.
Despite the fact we've told him many times that we don't do that. I personally have sent him 4 e-mails in the last week.
So what do we get today? 4 more requests to be held at our desk.
I send him more e-mails and then get a reply saying Oh I am so sorry I keep forgetting to look at the place. And oh by the way is anyone at the library now?
No, dipstick. I log into the spam laden e-mail account from home to mess with your mind.
Not that it's hard to do apparently.
I bet he is one of the people who call up places and ask are you open when someone answers the phone.

1 comment(s):

Except that there are people working in stores/restaurants that aren't yet open. At, say, 10 a.m. on Sunday, "are you open?" is not an insane question to ask--and the answer is frequently, "No, but we will be at noon" or something like that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home