Librarian Ire

Friday, September 23, 2005

Student challenge

I am keeping score on the new students.
So far it's stupid 3, students 0.
First one I sent one of the new students to page books at 7:40 pm one day and I to go find her at 9:00 pm. For 17 requests! I can do them in a half an hour. But that's with experience. 45 minutes at the most. And this isn't a big place.
Second one I come back from my meal break and the student starts to discharge books on the truck. He asks me what I want him to do first. Well, page books since you haven't done that and we close in an hour. I have to wonder what was he doing for the hour I was gone? It ain't busy here.
Third one. Another student who is a total Nathan(check December archives) actually told his replacement that he looked for all the unfound books and didn't find them. Not while I was here. Unless he is telekinetic or something since he was planted at the desk for his shift.
I knew this guy was going to be trouble. When he rambled on about his experience in counseling people I knew he was a bad choice. But do I get asked? Nooooo. And he'll stay here forever! That's what people like him do.

2 comment(s):

...wait, who's stupid?



he he - I couldn't resist!

By Blogger Loki, at 4:44 PM  

So many people. But in this case it's the abstract Stupid. Sort of like Fate vs me.

By Blogger Nike, at 6:36 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home