Librarian Ire

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Should I worry?

Maybe it's just me. But I have noticed lately that some of the students in my library are requesting odd books.
There were three books for one person on the bubonic plague. And one patron asked for a book on epidemics. Like the plague. And cholera and smallpox. And then there was the book about suicide and the ethics of death.
Now there isn't a really good reason for people in my library to be asking about major diseases. We don't do things like that. Languages, history and philosophy are more our speed.
Now if was a science library, I'd be less worried.
But considering some of the wackos who frequent the place...

4 comment(s):

Don't fear! Those books are being checked out for their relavance to art and religion. I myself checked out such books back in the day. The plague effected every aspect of life in the Medieval times.

Plus the pictures are really gross!

By Blogger Loki, at 10:19 AM  

Trust me, it doesn't make me feel any better.
As I said, the wack jobs that ask for them.

By Blogger Nike, at 5:59 PM  

Hey! I wouldn't be casting stones if I were you...

By Blogger Loki, at 3:49 PM  

I never said I was totally sane! It's the wack-jobs who think they are sane that worry me.

By Blogger Nike, at 1:45 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home