Librarian Ire

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ides of March Tracker

Beware the Ides of March - Hooray! (I don't know... sounded like a jingle in need of an ending.)

L.I. has decided to closely track the happenings of this day, March 15th, to determine whether this ancient day of doom has cursed us all with bad luck in perpetuity.

To that end, check back to see what events unfold...

To begin, Loki foolishly purchased a Pepsi for breakfast instead of Coke. blak. What could have possibly driven her to do such a thing??

Collegue is "sick" (yeah right!) and I'm stuck with her load. Slacker!

Some #@$$ student dumped the "necessities" bin all over the women's bathroom. SO ick. Ick.

Had to speak with the arch-nemesis 2x! The horror. Oh. The horror.

Fellow Librarian reports she will bake me a cake for my assistance in locating a book. Very suspicious.

Spent hours dealing with a crazy circulation worker at another university who's book we seem to have lost. Definitly should invite him to L.I. He's on the edge.


Nike reports:

I was made to search for missing and lost books in the stacks. My least favorite project. Which is now mine for the foreseeable future. Loki wishes she could hide in the stacks.

I haven't gotten one ILL request at all today. That's just freaky. Loki wants to know where that Gutenberg Bible she ordered is??!

And this morning someone nearly ran me off the road. Sorry, did see you.

3 comment(s):

A late breaking newsflash. A student worker who actually knows what he's doing took a job at another library.
And to add to the Ides of March horror the boss actually blamed me for his defection!
Because I wasn't in the loop I asked someone else who wanted to work to fill in.
Yes, he should have worked, but if you don't tell me until after the fact then it's not my fault.

By Blogger Nike, at 4:44 PM  

Well, yesterday's events (excluding the bathroom) were pretty normal for me - except for the GREAT news I got in the evening... Consequently, I have to give the old Ides of March doom and gloom a Thumbs Down. Perhaps it has no effect on those of evil heart?

By Blogger Loki, at 9:06 AM  

Overall, it wasn't as bad a day as I have had in the past.
So while odd things happened yesterday I have to say that no we haven't been cursed for all time.
I think you just have to be on your guard all the time. No matter what the day is.

By Blogger Nike, at 11:54 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home