Librarian Ire

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Pug dog woman

She's back. Ruining my night.
Let's see. She wanted to check out a reserve. So we go through the whole song and dance. Do you have a call number? No well you have to look it up. No I don't know the call number from memory.
So when she gets it(wrong) but I am smart enough to discern(my new word)"To come to know or recognize mentally" what she really wants.
She hands me her ID. Wrong. I explain again, how she needs to scan it. She does that. Not telling me that she's a grad student this time. Amazing. She must have forgotten that part.
And right before I scan the barcode she takes the book away from me!
It's not even checked out to her. How rude to just grab the book right from someone's hands. She's missing a serious lesson on manners and sharing. I think I learned that in pre-school. And we usually hand it to you when we are finished with it. Another thing she forgot.
I did have brief and very satisfying vision of having her arrested for stealing a reserve book.
But I was nice and informed her that the book needed to be checked out first before she got her grubby paws all over it.
Now she's back hacking away and typing on the public workstations.
As I said ruining my night.

2 comment(s):

I knew a guy who got a yippy dog and he had the voice box removed so it didn't yip! It also had only 3 legs.

By Blogger Loki, at 2:47 PM  

Ok, deleted a spam about workstations... they sent me warm regards to. Maybe it was a really crappy pick-up line?

By Blogger Loki, at 12:57 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home