Librarian Ire

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sad case

Had a student come to my office to "help" her. She had been in the previous day and been helped by someone and apparantly that help didn't stick. Anyway, she didn't have a copy of a book needed for her class. The bookstore was backordered. Anyway, she was quite upset that the only copy of the book on campus was in our reserves collection (for that class).

Apparantly, this "wasn't fair" that it was on reserve because she needed it.

2 comment(s):

Oh dear shit, I love having those types of conversations.

By Blogger Vampire Librarian, at 12:35 AM  

The number one rule of library patrons: "If I need it, you should have it; if you don't have it, you should get it yesterday, and I should be allowed to keep it for as long as I want, but not necessarily need, it."

By Blogger Deborah M., at 5:19 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home