Librarian Ire

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Crazy passes

Whoever is giving out the weekend passes at the local asylum needs to stop. Really. We have more than met our crazy quota for the year.
First we start with the old lady, who has been doing research on some mysterious project for the past 4 years. She is a total flake. In the four years she has been coming to the library I don't think she's learned anything.
I submit to you an example. She said she needed help using the computer to find a book in our catalog.
In actual fact what Flaky researcher woman needed was someone to point out all the components of the computer to her such as the moniter and mouse. I swear to you that I had to tell her the mouse was "that oblong thing with the wire next to your hand."
Then when she figured out the mouse she wanted to know how to 'get to the Internet' I pointed out the Internet icon and explained the mechanics. I barely finished explaining the process, when she complained that the black screen wasn't the internet and she couldn't understand why nothing had happened.
I suppose I should be flattered that she thought that I had the power to summon up the Internet. But that is not my superpower.
And on a related note, she asked my boss a question and when the boss answered it she had to repeat herself several times. It turns out the woman has a hearing aid, which she turned off before she asked her question.
See, crazy?
I need a vacation.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home