Librarian Ire

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ides of March vol. 2

I was hoping that the universe would forget this most horrific of days.
Despite Loki's declaration last year that the Ides of March is not karmicly blighted for all time I was still a little uneasy.
And I was proved right. Read on and see if you don't agree.
First of all there is no milk at work, which has severely hampered my caffeine intake. There was milk yesterday.

Second the boss was giggling to herself today. That's usually a bad sign. And I was right. She hung around the office all day making comments about ILL and how we (me) have to be more detail oriented.
Then the one time I was able to escape the office she came into the stacks to find me. So she could leave early. So I was chained to the desk for the afternoon.
Again a karmic plot. If there was a day I needed to hide in the stacks, today was it.
The third thing to happen was a Canadian university called up to complain about the ILL item we sent to them. It turns out they asked for the wrong thing. Which they told me right off the bat. But it somehow became my fault for not reading their minds. They insisted we send the right item, and not charge them for either transaction. What is wrong with these people?
I say we track these anomalies to find out if it's just today or if there's another explanation. Full moon? How about high tides? Maybe spring fever? ANYTHING is better than being forever cursed by the Ides of March.

1 comment(s):

Once again, I was good. I can't recall a single complaint that day... The Ides is my friend. Now every other day...

I'd have to say if I heard my boss giggling to herself I'd be a little worried.

By Blogger Loki, at 11:23 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home