Librarian Ire

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Classic

Patron: "Why don't you send me an electronic notice when books I've ordered come in?"

Me: "We do sir. Can I see your ID so I can verify your email address."

Patron: "ok"

Me: "Is this your email address? blah blah .edu?"

Patron: "Yes."

Me: "Well then, you should be getting email notices."

Patron: "Where do they go?"

Me: "To your email account. Do you check this email account often?"

Patron: "Check where? Doesn't it just come up on my computer?"

Me: " You have to have a mail client to receive email of any sort. Do you have one of these set up on your computer?

Patron: "I don't know what that is. My email just comes up."

Me: "Why don't you just call and ask us if something comes in?"

Patron: "OH! Ok, that'd be great."

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home