Librarian Ire

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Undies in a Bunch!

Apparently, today, the library using populace has their undies all bunched up, because all I've heard since I started 3 hours ago is bitch, bitch, bitch. Its not even important stuff and these people are screaming and complaining like I just gave them a body cavity search!

The carpet by the door is too wet.

Vehement screaming for a $1 fine ("No one told me it was a reserve book!" The fact that he got it at the Reserve Desk and it has a sticker on it saying "Reserve Book" is no excuse to charge him!)

whining about the gate alarm going off when he doesn't have any books.

The printer doesn't print fast enough.

Why aren't there more staplers?!

There's never a computer open when he comes!

Let me know if you readers are noticing this trend in your institution. With enough data I may be able to determine corollaries between the moon, the earth's axis, and crazy patrons.

2 comment(s):

or how about the classic "I already paid that fine last time?"

It always makes me want to say, "Really? Well, I didn't punch you in the face last time. Why don't I do that, and we'll call it even?"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM  

Sarah, I like the cut of your jib.

By Blogger Loki, at 3:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home