Librarian Ire

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Protecting my territory

No, I am not spraying boundaries or posting signs although maybe I should.
My boss, who tends to micromanage on occasion, is at it again. This past week she has invaded my territory three times. Thereby screwing up my organization and causing mass confusion in ILL-land. Like some of those people need any more problems.
Wednesday was the worst. She damn near ripped the request out of my hands as I was working on it.
A professor wanted to look at some serials and asked for them to be ILL'ed. I sent out the request and a university in New Jersey responded. They sent the serial(wrong year). Naturally, the prof didn't find it at all helpful.
So I get on the phone with them to figure it out. MSB(Mood swing Boss) makes her appearance. She comes right over and leans on me trying to figure out what I had done wrong. She even started to use my computer mouse.
Okay, first of all, you MADE me do ILL. And you didn't even train me to do it. I figured most of it out myself, thank you very much. And I do a damn good job most of the time.
Second NO TOUCHING!!!!!!
Third I didn't do anything wrong. The lender sent the wrong thing. Which she already knew. With a little help from someone in the know in New Jersey the mistake was corrected and a new request for the item was sent. But with her 'help' it took 30 minutes longer to do than normal.
And the honchos are looking for ways to cut wasted man hours. Here's a suggestion. Let me do my freakin' job!

2 comment(s):

I bet if you DID "spray" your territory then everyone would leave you alone.

I say give it a try!

By Blogger Loki, at 4:14 PM  

...or lock it in your desk. If she asks whats in the locked drawer say your "ointments". Trust me, know one will question after that.

By Blogger Loki, at 9:03 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home