Librarian Ire

Friday, November 11, 2005

Why Do I Bother?

Ever have those meetings where some one suggests something, another adds to it, and everyone kind of half-heartedly agrees to it then you realize later that no one actually said that they were going to do? Mostly this goes down with signs or editing something or moving something within the library. Well, a month later you remember it, see that no one has tackled it, and do so.

9 times out of 10 when I do this the very next day someone will come along and re-do it. Do they make a better sign than I did? No. Do they arrange the furniture in a more creative way? No. Did they even remember to do the thing for themselves? No. Was it their responsibility? No.
Then, Why?

I could give the answer "Because they're a dumbass" but really, is there another reason? I'd like to know.

2 comment(s):

I think it's because they LIKE to make us insecure.

By Blogger Nike, at 9:41 PM  

Huh. So they're NOT just dumbasses?

By Blogger Loki, at 4:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home