Librarian Ire

Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's Samba time!

The samba is making a comeback. How do I know you ask? Well, judging from all the ILL requests I have been getting lately someone is interested.
And it's not just the samba. The pechanga, the mambo, and the tango are getting some interest too.
In the last week I have gotten 15 requests for articles and books about Latin dance. It's weird. There was one about the History of Latin dance, another about who invented them, and one just titled The Mambo. That's my favorite. I bet it even has the foot patterns.
I want to know why ole Swivelhips is bothering me for all this. Couldn't he have tried Arthur Murray instead?
We don't do a lot of dancing in the library. Well, that one time. But it was a party. And no one was doing the samba.
I hope this guy comes in so I can ask him about it.

3 comment(s):

This was a couple of years ago now, but we used to have a regular patron who would always come in late on the night I worked the desk alone to use our computer to write his book about samba dancing. He'd annoy me to no end because he was incapable of even using the mouse correctly, and he often refused to get off the computer until right up to when we were closing. Be funny if it was the same guy you're having to deal with.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 AM  

I think I know why the interest. That TV show, "Dancing with the stars" has been a big hit this summer (Don't ask me why!). Betcha that's what sparked the interest.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  

In case anyone's interested I found out what the deal was with Samba guy.
He works for a teacher who is making him do the research even though he (Samba guy) wasn't hired to do that.

By Blogger Nike, at 10:49 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home