Librarian Ire

Friday, July 29, 2005

Bitchy bitchy.

I was doing my usual ILL sweep, when I hear the hastily muffled crinkle of what I assume to be a candy wrapper.
I turn to the old red headed lady who thinks that she owns the place and say "You do realize that there is no food allowed in the library."
She glares over at me and says "I don't have food, and you shouldn't worry about that."
Well, yes I should. That's kind of the whole point of having a food policy.
I apologized. (They were tissues.) Okay so I made a mistake. No biggie. It's not the first time. Won't be the last. I was polite about it. I also explain the reason we have to advise people about the food policy.
Not that she was in a mood to listen. She told me to not bother about it and do my job.
Gee, I thought it was. Which I point out. (It's everyone's job.)
Of course she has to tell me no it isn't. She says "I've been here 5 years, I know."
Hey loser, when you get a library degree and the university hires you to be my boss then you can tell me what my job is and isn't. And studying here for 5 years isn't something you brag about.
I didn't realize that the part-time students were so up on my job description and the new trends in library science.
Amazing.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home