Librarian Ire

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Unbelievable Lying Bastard.

A guy just came in to return an ILL book. It had no ILL sleeve, no paperwork, it just had its owning library labels. The student of course brings it to me . Immediately I recognize it's an ILL. I go out and firmly tell the moron, I mean patron, "You have to leave the sleeve and paperwork in the book." You know, the sleeve that says in BIG letters 'Do NOT remove!'
"There was no sleeve." He tells me.
"Yes, there was." I reply. "There's no way you could have checked this book out without it."
"No. There was no sleeve, nothing. I got the book just like that."
"Sir, that's impossible. How would we check this out to you?"
"I don't know but there was nothing on this book."

Why is this dumbass even trying to lie about this? Just say "Oh, I didn't know that." It makes you less of an idiot then to attempt to lie about something. It is IMPOSSIBLE. 100%!

I just don't know if I can go on... its too much.

3 comment(s):

I know what you mean. I'm considering of changing career now. There are too many morons visiting libraries in general.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

We had an ILL person like that once, too. Exact same discussion about how it couldn't have been checked out, the DO NOT REMOVE labels, etc. Bleagh, patrons.

TLL
http://tinylittlelibrarian.blog-city.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 PM  

I had a professor do that. Took off the ILL sleeve and turned the book in late. I waited a few more days just in case he 'found' the ILL sleeve. Nope. Got an even later overdue fee.
Bwhahaha!

By Blogger Nike, at 11:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home