Librarian Ire

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

If I catch you you'll need more than

over the counter medications for messing up my books.
Several books came back with those colored plastic sticky tabs in them.
What is the point of putting a sticky tab on every freaking PAGE of the book???!!!! That sort of defeats the purpose!
One was an advertisement for Celebrex. When I get through with you arthitis pain will not be your main concern.
Those stupid sticky tabs RUIN books. As well as dog-eared pages(if you aren't a dog you don't need dog ears) and post-it notes.
Use a notebook to take notes!!! Don't highlight or write in books that don't belong to you. I wouldn't write graffiti all over your car if I borrowed it. Why would you do the same to books?

2 comment(s):

Grr! I had some of those today. I know of a library that actually charges processing fines for books that are returned with those sticky tabs. Staff DOES have to go through and carefully remove them.

So, when I suggested we adopt such a worthy policy - oh no! "That wouldn't be good service." And its good patronage to do that crap?!

By Blogger Loki, at 4:01 PM  

That's the best idea I've heard all week!!! The only problem is catching them!
The head of preservation here loved my dismemberment idea for people who do that.

By Blogger Nike, at 10:13 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home