Librarian Ire

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Fight the power!

Why does The Man want to keep Loki from havin' some good times? Whenever I'm standing out at the desk chattin' with the students or another librarian who doesn't piss me off all I hear is "shh!" or "We can hear you on the other side of the library!" Well goody for you! If it bothers the students, don't you think they would come ask me to keep it down? I mean, I'm approachable, once you get past the big scar, combat boots, 6' height, and numbchucks strapped at the waist. Its not like I'll attack them. In public. With witnesses. They totally have time to ask me to keep it down and then run for their lives. And I hate it most when they tell me to watch my language. What the heck is wrong with 'bastard'? I mean it is an excellent word. It can be a noun or an adjective, sometimes even an adverb. It is universally known even with its many definitions. I dare you to use it in a sentence and NOT have someone know what it means.

Sheesh.

[I may have exaggerated the description thing. I'm just under 6' and they told me I can't bring any 'weapons' to work (we are still working out what that covers; so far hammers, knives, baseball bats, wrenches, clubs, cast iron skillets, shovels, wooden clogs, oars, spark plugs, and curtain rods are OUT.) But the scar would be cool. I suppose I could draw one on. I just don't know if that would have the same effect.]

1 comment(s):

I am sure there is someone out there who could give you a scar free of charge.
Or you could go the wimpy way and get a tattoo of a scar.
And no, bastard is not as bad as some words I can think of. It might not be a good idea to use it in front of certain people. (The boss)
I got 'notified' about my language too. I rarely ever swear. Only in extreme cases of stupidity.

By Blogger Nike, at 6:51 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home