Librarian Ire

Thursday, June 30, 2005

2nd Go at the Exhibitions


Well, I didn't get to see the drill competition after all. Decided to do something non-ALA. However, I have hopes I can swing a look at a video someone made. I heard there was quite a performance by the Las Vegas team. They were spanking their carts? It must be a Sin City thing.

My second day's hall was quite exceptional. I got still more books, these though were quite a nice collection of shelf-ready books. ARC's just don't have the resale value as regulars. I may even read a few of them, though they aren't my usual style. My kinda cool freebi of the day was a signed guidebook from Frommer. That guy was very jolly and very old. Unfortunately, the guidebook was for Texas. Not gonna be going there, so it'll go to a used bookstore. Still.

Not much freakiness about. I did have more cake - I wonder how many cakes that booth went through? That I'd be interested in knowing. There was still an freakishly long line for the Demco spin-the-wheel game. Geez, no way would I stand in line to get tape and post-it notes. Crazy.

3 comment(s):

Video? Hmm, can we bootleg it on the net?

By Blogger Nike, at 2:29 PM  

Bootleg! Why, I don't condone that sort of schenanigans!

By Blogger Loki, at 10:03 AM  

Oh please.

By Blogger Nike, at 10:52 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home