Librarian Ire

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Oooh NOOOO! It's the creature from the Clueless Lagoon!

I have had a sneak preview of what my life will be like this next year.
Despite my best efforts and the utter inanity of Dr. Nathan, he is back.
Yes. More fun on the weekends.
Here is a little sampling. He sends an e-mail confirming his schedule. And in it the boss said he will start work in September. So of course he does what any Nathan would do. He asks "Do you want me to start working this weekend?"
Sigh. No, we don't. You could try to work this weekend, but you'd piss off security and the library director.
We don't open on the weekends for the summer. Which he ought to know by now.
He has been here a full year. All of the library hours are pretty much the same. We posted them on the websites and on library entrances. I bet they even do announcements at some places.
And the worst part is he knows when classes start. So anyone with two brain cells to rub together could figure out that Hey, I don't have to work on the weekends until September. Or anyone who reads their e-mail.
I don't even think his elevator leaves the ground never mind hit the top floor.
And to top it off, the boss told me that she thought he wasn't really the right personality type for the job.
So why did she re-hire him? It's a plot. I know it.

1 comment(s):

I thought this creature was just a myth!

Organize tour groups, make some cash.

By Blogger Loki, at 8:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home