Librarian Ire

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Stupid Library Slogans

Some editing here as I come across some slogans...

How's this for a library slogan:

Yours, for the Using. (Hmm... I don't know what it is, but I don't want to use it. Who knows where its been.)

Grow Little Minds (Umm... aren't they coming to the library to enlarge their little minds?)

Get Carded (Ok then, but they better have Hard Cider or I'll be very ornery.)

3 comment(s):

I am sensing hostility here.
I did think the ALA cover of Super librarian was a good step away from the sterotypical view of a librarian(unfashionable clothes, large thick glasses, mustaches on old single women) perhaps a slogan is not quite the way to go. Well, not that one anyway. Is slightly too risque.
But a public library does do more for the community than say an academic library. Movies, lectures, meeting places(and my personal favorite, not! a coffee house) So they are trying to draw people into using the library who might not know how to read. Which of course leads to headaches and ranting.
Which leads us HERE!

By Blogger Nike, at 6:14 PM  

Here's a few slogan NOT to choose - but are rather apropos:

http://www.doug-johnson.com/dougwri/Top10.html

By Blogger Loki, at 8:01 AM  

Those new ones are bad, but I still think the worst slogan for ANYTHING is Jet Blue's new one. We like you, too. HUH? Who cares if you like me? As long as the plane doesn't crash on the way to my vacation.
Although Grow Little Minds is reaally bad. One hopes you have a little mind before you come in.

By Blogger Nike, at 9:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home